There is no substitute for personal care
Residential Enhancements for Retirement Living
In an effort to remain competitive, retirement communities must enhance and energize their properties and expand their services. Creating “sensory supportive spacessm” can help make moving to a community more palatable. Integrating technology can make it more fun, safer and feasible to provide superior service with manageable staff level.
Sensory Supportive Spacessm
The Sensory Supportive Space concept is an integral part of enhanced care to supplement traditional rehab and related treatment for all ages and abilities. Whether an existing or proposed community, the manner in which the senses are acknowledged can make a difference in the quality of life. Add some “energy” by integrating sensory supportive devices throughout the community.
- Indoor secret gardens
- Miniature railroads
- Sensory sanctuaries
- Sound and aroma enhancements
- Water features
Another way communities can become more viable and sustainable is to provide a menu of home care services, which will maintain contact with prospective residents, generate revenue and reduce accidents and injuries at home.
- Review and evaluation of the community to evaluate the extent that senses are acknowledged and utilized.
- Consulting and advisory services to assist in the selection and integration of technology and sensory devices to enhance the aging and convalescence experience.
Homecare Services Design
Many retirement communities recognize that most families retire in their own homes through choice or circumstance. At-home services enable them to do so safely and securely with a defined menu of products and services provided by retirement communities.
- Design and development of home care services.
- Enhanced training for home care providers.